Kids can use pet rocks as paperweights and room decorations. Include pet rocks as a simple birthday party activity or rainy day craft. Create your rock pet in various ways – add wire whiskers and felt ears to create a kitty, add yarn for the mane and tail of a pet rock pony. We have included 2 ideas to get you started for rock pet projects.
Visit www.treasureboxkids.com for children’s clothing and ideas. Be sure to look through our archived blog posts for more activities, fun kids crafts, tips and birthday party ideas.
What you need for the pet rocks:
� Acrylic Craft Paint
� Craft Glue
� Decorating materials: yarn, wiggle eyes, markers, glitter glue, sequins, stickers, beads, pom poms, etc.
How to make pet rocks:
1. Wash your rock with warm soapy water. Use a scrub brush to get all the dirt out.
2. Decorate with paint and anything that can be glued to the rock.
3. Pet Rock Pig: begin by painting an oval stone with pink acrylic paint and let dry.
4. Glue a pink button to the center of the rock and 2 miniature pink pom poms toward the top for ears.
5. Use the handle end of a paintbrush dipped in white paint to create the whites of the eyes. After the paint dries repeat the process with black paint to add the blacks of the eyes. Use a black fine tipped marker to dot on freckles.